2007 BMW 335i Coupe


I'm lovin' my new ride a 2007 BMW 335i Coupe ("E92" internally to BMW) delivered May 24, 2007. I wanted to do European Delivery (for 2nd time), but didn't want to wait. Photos here. E90Post.com is a great website to discuss or learn about 3series BMW's. Check out my profile.

For me, it has it all: potent acceleration, beauty, luxury, comfort, and handling. To top it off, it's a great value, all things considered. For those who will note the Infiniti G37: I'll accept the value proposition (full disclosure: I haven't driven it), but you get a lot of externalities with a BMW. Not to be a jerk, but prestige; the well developed enthusiast community with access to the track days, bulletin boards, etc; relatedly - the support of the owner community if you should decide to keep it for, say 10 years; the fact that it has an identity when its 5 or more years old, unlike say, the Lexus IS, which sort of fades away when it ages; the racing pedigree; the tradition; the option for Euro delivery.

This is my third BMW, (the first was a 2001 325Ci, the second, my wife's CPO 2003 530i), and I can't see this trend ending. I really don't see an alternative for me. If I go upmarket, it will probably be for a 911 C2S (997), but that ride is double the price.

BMW gives you the full, authentic enthusiast ownership experience "with benefits" for a price that not everyone can afford, but which is not stratospheric. Though I'm sure the F430 Scuderia does it better...

The Truth about Cars 335i Coupe
Autoweek "Our Take"
Edmunds Full Review
Automobile Mag Review
Everything you ever wanted to know about the E92 from E90Post.com
5th Gear Video Review
Vishnu Tuning's Procede Engine Modification
Autoweek review of above
Road and Track 335i vs G37
Car and Driver 10 Best Cars 2008

Comments

Popular Posts